JUICE™, Innovate, Persevere, and Discipline
Learn how to be a real “urban entrepreneur” at JUICE™ 2012, and start your journey on creating a high-tech billion dollar company, the JUICE™ way.
WHAT IS THE JUICE™ CONFERENCE?
The 1st international Juxtopia® Urban Innovation and Cooperative Entrepreneurship (JUICE™) conference invites minority microenterprises (MEs), small business, inventors, students, and high tech investors who desire evidence based research results and step-by-step guidance on how to start, commercialize, and sustain a high-tech company. Learn from NASA Goddard Innovative Partnerships Program Office and the JUICE™ Network on how to accelerate your time to market by strategically transferring technology from colleges/universities and federal labs in your company’s product line.
WHAT IS THE JUICE™ 2012 CONFERENCE THEME?
The JUICE™ conference theme, Accelerating and Commercializing Minority Technologies, addresses the “painful problem” afflicting Historical Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Minority Serving Institutions (MSI), and federal labs in the United States as well as underserved colleges/universities around the world attempting to tech transfer innovations and intellectual property from their institutions to revenue generating commercial entities.
WHAT ARE JUICE™ CONFERENCE LEARNING OUTCOMES?
After attending JUICE™ 2012, you will:
- Learn from NASA Goddard Space Flight Center’s Innovative Partnerships Program Office how best to use technology transfer to accelerate your product innovations.
- Facilitate technology transfer partnerships with colleges/universities and federal labs.
- Identify non-debt funding opportunities to kick-start your high-tech products/services.
- Network with state based funding agencies and various Angel and Venture Capital representatives.
- Learn various intellectual property strategies.
- Apply the JUICE™ process to start and sustain your high tech company in one or more of the following areas.
- Aerospace & Commercial Space
- Arts & Entertainment
- Fashion, Beauty, and Sports Apparel
- Health Informatics and Information Technology
- Material Science, Nanotechnology, and Manufacturing
Mr. Ken HarveyPresident/CEO of JAKA Consulting,
and co-founder of the 1st African American
Space Craft Company in the United States, Phezu Space, LLC.
JUICE™ CONFERENCE CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The JUICE™ conference committee invites abstracts that address the JUICE™ 2012 conference theme, Accelerating and Commercializing Minority Technologies. Therefore, invited abstracts should discuss an empirically researched process for transforming a concept to a high-tech commercial product.
Conference papers will be published in proceedings of the International Journal of Urban Entrepreneurship (iJUE).
|Abstracts Due (extended)||July 27th||Submit questions to:
JUICE 2012 Paper Chair
|Full Papers Due||Oct 5th (For publication in the International Journal of Urban Entrepreneurship)|
JUICE™ 2012 Topics of Interest (include but are not limited to the following):
- Innovative approaches to accelerate technology transfer from federal labs and colleges/universities to minority companies.
- Repeatable and optimized processes for transferring concepts to profitable high-tech products.
- Non-debt approaches for financing high-tech research and development (R&D).
- Pedagogical/Andragogical models for teaching urban entrepreneurship concepts.
- Interventions for encouraging high-tech entrepreneurship among minorities historically underrepresented in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
JUICE™ CFA Instructions:
Juxtopia® Imhotep™ (JI Band)
Juxtopia® Interactive Virtual Instructor (JIVI™)
Juxtopia® Urban Robotics Application Network (JURBAN™)
Juxtopia® Epoch (JEPOCH™)
Juxtopia® Advanced Mixed Reality (JAMR™)
Juxtopia® Intelligent Spaces (JIS™)
Juxtopia® Urban Learning Technology Television (JULT.tv™)
Juxtopia® Urban Innovation and Cooperative Entrepreneurship (JUICE™)